All the busy mamas out there, raise your hand! Oh, wait your hands are full, so you can’t? Whether we have 1 kid or 6, we are busy. We have full hearts, hands, and cars. Running errands or going on family adventures can get a little hectic and a great umbrella stroller always makes life easier. Being able to grab a stroller out of the car, and open it with only one hand is a necessity. Having one that reclines makes your kiddo more comfortable too.
There are so many great umbrella strollers, but in my research, one of the biggest complaints was the fact they didn’t recline. A search for the perfect reclining umbrella stroller can be time consuming, so I narrowed down the search right here for you.
When it comes to reclining umbrella strollers, there are great options in any price range. It is important to figure out what you want and what will work best for your adventures. Whether those adventures include your little one midday napping in the grocery store, rolling over cobblestone streets in Europe, or heading down the street to the park, these 5 umbrella strollers listed below give you the top options for reclining umbrella strollers.
Best Reclining Umbrella Strollers 2018
|Stroller||Price (estimate)||Stroller Weight||Rating|
|Graco Breeze Click Connect||$109||17 lbs.||A+|
|Summer Infant 3D Lite||$79||15 lbs.||A-|
|J is for Jeep Brand, Scout||$59||16 lbs.||A|
|Baby Cargo Series 300||$226||20 lbs.||A+|
|Chicco Liteway – Compact Fold||$99||18 lbs.||A|
Benefits of Reclining Umbrella Strollers
Umbrella Strollers are specifically designed to make life easier. They have the convenience of a big stroller, with the ability to be handled with one hand. When I’m out running errands with my crew, I need the transition from car to stroller to be as quick as possible. Grabbing that stroller out of the back of the car in the middle of the day is quick and easy, and it’s so helpful when my kids can lay their heads back to rest or to get their faces out of the sun.
One of my memories from Disneyland was seeing so many kids in strollers. It is so nice to have an option for kids of all ages to recline and take a little rest in the middle of a crazy, fun day and get rejuvenated. Who knows, maybe a reclining umbrella stroller might just be the trick to keep kids from having the midday vacation induced melt down. Maybe not, but at least it will keep you from carrying your kiddo all over your family adventure through Disney, or wherever your spirit of adventure takes you. You will find what you are looking for below.
Best Reclining Umbrella Strollers of 2018
Graco Breaze Click Connect
The Graco Breaze Click Connect is a top ranked reclining stroller because of its lightweight and sturdy frame that can be taken out and opened with one hand. It accepts all Graco Click Connect infant car seats with a secure one-step attachment to create your own travel system. The convenience of a travel system with all of the ease of an umbrella stroller is a perfect combination. It is a great stroller for any age kiddo up to 50 lbs. What mama doesn’t also love that this can fully recline so you can give your little one a nap on the go.
- One of the only umbrella strollers that accommodates the needs of a newborn. This stroller works with the infant car seat, but if you don’t want the carrier, you can recline the seat fully for perfect head support.
- Includes parent cup holder
- Has a large basket under the seat for storage
- Covered by an extra large canopy with UV 50 protection and pop-out visor
- Easy and innovative one-hand folding
- Great stroller for the price
- When used with the infant car seat, there is minimal access to the storage basket
- Cup holder tends to get knocked off easily
- Hard to maneuver one handed
The pros far outweigh the cons in this stroller which results in many satisfied customers. This reclining umbrella stroller is designed to be easy to take on the go. With all of its pros, the cons seem very minimal and still enabled me to give the Graco Breaze Click Connect an A+ rating.
Summer Infant 3D lite
The Summer Infant 3D lite is a budget friendly, lightweight, and reclining umbrella stroller that is every mama’s dream. It comes in 6 fun colors, only weighs 15 lbs, and has a multi-position recline option. The extra large basket for storage and the cup holder are great assets to a great stroller. The canopy is adjustable and removable as needed. The icing on the cake is the strap that comes with the stroller for easy transport.
- Light and easy to carry
- Easy to fold and open while holding your little one
- Full recline
- Stores in small spaces
- Large storage basket under seat
- Budget friendly
- Carrying strap is included with stroller
- Anti-shock front wheels
- It has been mentioned that wheels can fall off easily (also noted that Summer Infant has great customer service).
- Doesn’t stand when folded (usually isn’t a deal breaker for those looking for the right reclining umbrella stroller for their family)
- Doesn’t have option to connect to baby carrier
- Not easy to unfold with one hand
The Summer Infant 3D lite is a great stroller with many benefits and positive attributes. There a few complaints that lead me to lower the rating to an A-. Overall, those who have chosen the Summer Infant 3D Lite are very pleased with their choice.
J is for Jeep brand, Scout
J is for Jeep brand, Scout stroller is the most budget friendly on the list. This stroller doesn’t have a single negative comment on Amazon. Weighing in at only 16 lbs, this lightweight stroller also has multi-position recline. The adjustable handles that rotate in 8 different positions add one more reason why everyone who uses this stroller, loves it.
- Lightweight body that is quick to close and compact to store
- Parent cup holder
- Large Basket for storage under seat
- Adjustable handles
- Larger tires in back for easier mobility over rougher surfaces
- Detachable side pocket
- European-style canopy with sun visor
- Can add baby carrier attachment for $24.99
- Reflective fabric so it can be used at night
- Newer reclining umbrella stroller, so the verdict is still out, but currently has no negative reviews
J is for Jeep brand, Scout stroller is a great stroller that is easy on the budget and has the qualities that so many are looking for when looking for a great reclining umbrella stroller. When no one has anything negative to say, I have to assess this stroller at an A+ rating.
Baby Cargo Series 300 Liteweight Umbrella Stroller
Baby Cargo Series 300 Liteweight Umbrella Stroller is a top-of-the-line reclining umbrella stroller that is high quality. If you are looking for a high-end reclining umbrella stroller with reclining seat and adjustable foot rest, this is your stroller. It has everything you could need and so many things that you want.
- Reversible seat-cover that is machine washable
- 5 point harness
- Smartphone Pocket(touchscreen use with waterproof protection)
- Expandable sunshade for ultimate UV protection
- All-wheel suspension
- Adjustable reclining seat with infant positioner for added support
- Comes with a cup holder and a rain guard
- Toy and pacifier clip keeps toys and pacifier within reach
- Comes with a shoulder strap and carrying handle.
- Large storage basket under seat
- Weighing in at 20.5 it is the heaviest stroller on the list
- Bigger than most umbrella strollers
- Has been out of stock, at times, but then restocks
Baby Cargo Series 300 Liteweight Umbrella Stroller is not usually the first pick for those looking for a reclining stroller on a budget. However, with everything available on it, you don’t have to pay for extras. It is a well made stroller that is smartphone approved, and will be child approved as well. Well made, high tech, reclining umbrella strollers deserve an A+ rating and that is exactly what it received.
Chicco Liteway – Compact Fold Aluminum Stroller
Chicco Liteway Compact Fold Aluminum Stroller is the only stroller on the list with a perfect 5 star rating on Amazon. This stroller is recommended for kids 10 lbs up to 50 lbs. It is lightweight and easy to set up and recline with only one hand, and we all know how important that is when our hands are already full.
- Built in carry handle
- Lightweight aluminum frame
- Large basket under seat
- Includes cup holder
- Easy to adjust back rest with one hand
- Double shade canopy
- Opens and folds quickly and easily
- 18.8 lbs is a little on the heavy side when considering a reclining umbrella stroller
The Chicco Liteway Compact Fold Aluminum Stroller is a great stroller with everything you could need. As far as reclining umbrella strollers go, this one is considered more in the mid-range for pricing. It is good quality that a parent on-the-go can have complete confidence in. I am impressed by this stroller and know you will be too, and because of that I am giving it an A rating.
Choosing the Perfect Reclining Umbrella Stroller
Choosing the perfect Reclining Umbrella Stroller really comes down to personal preference and specific family needs. I have 6 kids, and I am done with bulky strollers that take up too much room in our already over-packed vehicle. I needed a place to keep my little one buckled and safe, but one that is also an option for big sis when she needs a break. However, some people have 1 kiddo and need an option that can buckle the baby carrier into. Some stroller users are traveling to Europe and want something with a strap for easy carrying that can also fold up quickly during the journey. The needs are as varied as the strollers that are available. The five strollers listed here cover the varied needs of reclining umbrella stroller users everywhere. Here are a few tips in finding the right reclining umbrella stroller for you:
- Determine your specific needs
- Figure out your reclining umbrella stroller budget
- Make a list of desired extras
- Narrow down your list to specific strollers that match your requirements
Did this article help you with your stroller search? Do you have additional questions? Let us know in the comments below!